The History of Darjeeling covers the history of Darjeeling town and its adjoining hill areas belonging to Sikkim, but eventually part of British India so now in the Indian state of West Bengal, which is intertwined with the history of Sikkim, Nepal, Bhutan, Bengal and Great Britain, i.e. the East India Company. Part of the state of Sikkim, Darjeeling became part of an important buffer state between Nepal and Bhutan. The British, using the area as a sanitarium, found that the climate provided excellent tea-cultivating conditions and soon began to grow tea on the hills of Darjeeling. Darjeeling tea stands as a famous export from Darjeeling until this day.
Gangtok – Kalimpong – Darjeeling – 5 Nights / 6 Days
On arrival at NJP Railway Station / (IXB) Bagdogra Airport, (500Ft / 150Mts) you will be met by our office Executive who will assist you to board your vehicle to Gangtok (5500 Ft /1677 Mts, 130 Kms / 04 to 05 Hrs). O/N GANGTOK.
After breakfast, in the morning, start for excursion to Tshangu Lake – situated at a height of 12400Ft / 3780 Mts / 43Kms in 3Hrs one way, with an average depth of 50 ft. The cool water of the Lake is perfectly attuned with the scenic beauty around. Back to Gangtok and O/N GANGTOK. (Incase of Land slide or any reason Tshangu Lake is closed we will provided alternate sightseeing).
Go for a half day sightseeing covering Jhakri Water Falls (04 hrs) along with Droul Chorthen, Research Institute of Tibetology, Directorate of Handicraft & Handloom & Flower Show. Afternoon transfer to Kalimpong (3937 Ft / 1200 Mts, 85 Kms / 03 to 04 Hrs), Check in & O/N KALIMPONG.
Today after Breakfast visit Dello hills, Dr. Graham’s Home, Flower Nurseries, Jang-Dong-Palriffo Brang and Durbin Dara Hills. Afternoon transfer to Darjeeling (7380 Ft / 2250 Mts, 70 Kms / 03 to 04 Hrs), O/N DARJEELING.
Early morning tour to Tiger Hills (8364 Ft / 2550 Mts at around 4 AM) to view sunrise over Kanchendzonga Peak (subject to clear weather). On way back visit Ghoom Monastery, Batasia Loop. After breakfast go for a half-day sight seeing of Japanese Temple, Peace pagoda, Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park & Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Tenzing & Gombu Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self-Help Center (Closed on Sunday) & Tea Estate. O/N DARJEELING.
After breakfast proceed to NJP Railway Station / (IXB) Bagdogra Airport (100 Kms / 03 to 04 Hrs), for your onward connection / Journey.
Extra : Service tax 3.09% on total bill amount.
Note : Vehicle will not be at disposal and will be exclusively used for the guest as per the itinerary only (on point to point basis). This vehicle will also change sector wise.
- Accommodation on twin Sharing / Double bed D-Grade hotels
- Daily Breakfast at all places
- 02 Passengers - All Transfer & Sightseeing by 01 NON AC Indica / Wagon r / Tata Sumo / Similar
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursions as per itinerary
- Package Valid till 30th June 2015
- Rates are subject be to Change without any Prior Notice
- Government Service Tax 3.09% as applicable
- All Air Travel
- Monument and Museum entrance Fees, etc
- Any Kind of Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Personal expenses like Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, etc
- The Services of Vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the Itinerary
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Guide & Entrance fees during sightseeing
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Cost Includes"
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control